Friday, April 5, 2013

My Ghost Story...

Happy Friday, Facebook friends!
VOL is this weekend! I hope you are as excited as we are!
So as to hopefully encourage you to stop by our booth and share your own experiences with us, I’m going to share one of my personal paranormal experiences with you…

I’ve had quite a few over my lifetime, but I’ll share one that stands out in my mind, mostly because it was fairly recent.

I was living in Westminster, Massachusetts at the time with my husband and two small children. Westminster sits at the base of Mount Wachusett; a beautiful mountain with a ski resort, 200 year old cemeteries, and loads of history.

(I’ll follow this post with the story of the legend of Lucy Keyes; which is a factual story that took place on Mount Wachusett. There was even a movie made about the legend, appropriately titled, “The Legend of Lucy Keyes.” Just as a fun fact sidenote, Mt. Wachusett was also used in the movie, “Shallow Hal.”)

I was going through a pretty rough time in my life, and I was sleeping on the couch at the time. Everyone else in the house was asleep, and had been asleep for at least an hour. I laid on the couch, knees slightly bent, facing out into the living room. I closed my eyes for a second, not yet sleepy, but just trying to calm my brain enough to fall asleep, and when I opened them, there hovering in the air about 4-5 feet from me was this greenish cloud; about the size of a brain (lol, that’s what it kind of looked like, too!). If I had an ounce of artistic talent in me, which I do not, I could draw it. It had an odd shape to it; somewhat ovular, but with a ‘tail’ of sorts on the right side. It was a cloud – that’s the best way for me to put the picture in your minds. It wasn’t a ‘mist,’ as it was denser than a mist. It had shape and dimension, and I could actually see dark spots in it so as to indicate dimension. It was greenish in color, and the green varied in shade from one end of it to the other – it was about the size of a football.
So anyway, it just stayed in that same place, seemingly hovering while I stared at it trying to process somehow what it was that I was seeing in my living room. It wasn’t completely stationary; I could see it kind of floating just a little bit up, then down, etc. as it stayed almost stationary. I felt as if ‘it’ were staring back at me just as I was staring at it. Our staring contest lasted what seemed like ages, but in reality it was about 20-25 seconds. As cliché as it sounds, I blinked – and it was gone.

The funny thing was I wasn’t scared in the least. I felt comforted – the depression I had been feeling just moments before vanished. My normal mind would have kept me up all night trying to scientifically explain what it was that I had just witnessed; but instead, I rolled over and fell fast asleep. Of course in the morning I woke up and thought, “WTF?!” And spent weeks questioning if I had just imagined it, or if were, in fact, real. I can assure you it was as real as this computer I am typing this story on.
A few nights later, I was sleeping on that same couch. I woke up in the middle of the night and thought, “I’d better pull this blanket up so someone doesn’t walk out here in the middle of the night and get a full moon…” (lol). No sooner did I think that thought did I feel as if two fingers pinched and then pulled my blanket very gently over my exposed lower body. I remember somewhat registering what had just happened in that moment, but again I was overcome with that feeling of comfort; I literally smiled, said a quiet, “Thank you..” to the unseen force that helped me out, and I drifted back to sleep… and of course woke up with the same, “WTF?!” that morning. ;)

I contacted a local well-known medium that I had worked with in Massachusetts with my own paranormal group. I told her my experiences, and she actually stopped me halfway through and said, “This was your husband’s grandmother. She is around quite a lot in that home. She comes around you a lot, in particular. She whispers motherly advice in your ear when you need it most, and she softens the energy around you when you are going through a particularly rough time. She really likes you a lot, and she’s trying to make up for the stress her grandson is causing you. She knows he is stubborn, but a truly good man underneath it all.”
My ex-husbands grandmother was about 4’9” and full of spunk. I had never met her personally, as she died a few years before my time, but the stories I had heard about her were enough to make me feel like her and I would have been great friends in life. She used to come through to my best friend (who is a medium), and she would refer to her as the “spunky lady in the red dress.” (We found out later she was, in fact, buried in a maroon/wine-colored dress.)

When we had moved to Massachusetts we left nearly everything behind in Ohio, so we had to start over from scratch. His grandparents furniture was all in storage in a 200 year old barn in Massachusetts; so we had to dig it all out, clean out all the mouse droppings (serious elbow grease, let me tell ya), and make it our own. So our home was literally filled from top to bottom with their furniture. I’d often feel someone with me in the basement when I’d go through his grandmother’s old china on special occasions when I’d get it out, clean it up, and use it to make a meal for her family. I’d always talk to her out loud in the basement, and thank her for letting us use all of her old stuff.

I had lots of experiences in that house; including catching a glimpse of a Native American standing in the woods across the street from my house, and feeling him a few times after that. Our house used to sit on a lake that had since been drained and built upon. I was told that the lakes in Westminster, since they were at the base of this mountain, were considered extremely sacred to the Native’s that had lived there, and were used for hunting and fishing grounds. Again, if I had just an ounce of artistic skill in me, I could draw this man detail for detail. I could see the aged lines in his face, his feathered headdress, his leather vest, exposed chest, and his dark but gentle eyes. The feeling I got empathically from him was simply, “Now you see me, and I see you.”
The day before, we had gone hiking in the woods behind our house. I had felt a great amount of sadness as we hiked through these beautiful trees, suddenly thinking about the Natives who had occupied this land not-so-long ago. I said a prayer in my head for them, apologizing for what ‘my people’ had done to their people, and telling them I have nothing but the utmost respect for these woods and everything in them. I went on to say how much I appreciated the beauty of these woods, and how I can only imagine how beautiful they were before they had been developed upon.

That following day, I had just put my newborn son down for a nap, and I started to pick up the living room a bit. I got the feeling as if someone was staring at me from outside our second story, large living room window, so I glanced up, and immediately had that very vision of the Native American man staring at me from across the road.
*
As an Empath, I do have what I call “glimpses” pretty frequently when I come into contact with energies and such, but usually those glimpses are shown via my third eye (in my mind’s eye) – whereas these experiences I'm sharing with you here were happening in a very real, physical sense. I was alone and completely unsuspecting in both situations, and I think that had a lot to do with what I was able to see.

Just last night, I woke up suddenly at about 2:30 am. I immediately felt as if someone was in the room with me, and I looked down at my dog to see if he had noticed anything as well. He slept soundly (great guard dog, let me tell ya.. haha.. not that Corgi’s are known to be amazing guard dogs, but I digress.)
I glanced over towards the TV and could see a strange blue light on the table. I recognized it as something electronic, and realized it was a tiny alarm clock that sits on my dvd player. The only way for the blue light to come on is to push the small “light” button on top of the clock, and no one was even close to the table in which this clock sat. In fact, no one had so much as touched that particular alarm clock for months; we use our cell phones as alarms.

I was unable to sleep, sensing something in the room with us as I tossed and turned. I visualized myself being surround in white light, which then spilled out into the room, into the rest of the apartment, and so on; therefore removing any lower vibrational energy from my apartment in the process. I was then able to fall asleep a little after 3 am, but of course now I’m curious as to who may have been paying me a visit so late last night, and why…

- Shelly, VOLP

1 comment:

  1. I have sensed my granmothers pain. Never met. Made the mistake of telling her that'd she passed in pain the day of. My sister lost her son dons

    ReplyDelete